As your doula I want to make sure that you have the birth experience that you want. Your birth is the first step on the amazing journey of parenthood and I want to make sure you have everything you need to make it a positive experience! With that in mind, I would like to meet with you 2 - 3 times before labor begins
• Initial interview to make sure we are a good match.
• Prenatal meeting in your home to discuss your birth preferences, and what to expect during your labor and in your chosen place of birth.
• Prenatal meeting in your home to discuss breastfeeding goals and life with a new baby!
Labor and Delivery
I will be on call from 2 weeks before your due date until a few days after your baby is born.
During labor I will support you by:
• being a calming presence
• suggesting positions for effective laboring
• encouraging movement
• providing comforting touch
• encouraging your partner to participate at their comfort level
• making sure you have the information you need to make informed decisions
• providing consistent and non-judgemental reassurance and comfort to you and your partner
I will stay with you after the birth of your child to:
• encourage skin to skin contact
• facilitate early breastfeeding
We will have at least one postpartum visit within the first few weeks after the birth of your new baby, to work on breastfeeding, process the birth experience, and discuss any further resources you may need. A lactation consultation is included if desired.
Please contact me for current rates. If I am unable to meet your needs I am happy to refer you to another doula.
"Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers--strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength." —Barbara Katz Rothman
“Although the popularly desired outcome is ‘healthy mother, healthy baby,’ I think there is room in that equation for ‘happy, non-traumatized, empowered and elated mother and baby.’” —Ashley Booth Young