Do you need a lactation consultant? If you are experiencing any of the following, the answer is yes!
- pain during or after breastfeeding
- questions about weight gain
- baby is fussy at the breast
- concerns about milk supply
- breastfeeding your adopted baby
- breastfeeding after reduction or augmentation
- questions about pumping and milk storage
- preparing to go back to work
- other general concerns about breastfeeding
During an in home breastfeeding consultation I will take a medical history and assess both you and your baby in relation to breastfeeding. I bring a scale with me so we can track intake and get a clearer picture of your situation. Home visits usually last between 1 and 2 hours. Please try to time your feeds for the day so that your baby is ready to eat soon after I arrive.
If you would like to schedule an in home consultation, please click here or follow the Contact link above. Once scheduled I will send you intake and agreement forms that should be filled out prior to our visit. My fee is $350 and includes follow up phone and email support. Subsequent home visits are $200. I will provide you with a superbill so you can file for reimbursement from your insurance company. Reimbursement is not guaranteed.